"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Rainbows and Kittens

Inspired by Melissa's rendition of "Angels in the Snow" in a rainbow colored thread, I decided to try it in the ultimate rainbow thread, Tatskool's "Rainbow Bright".
Now that gets your attention, doesn't it? It's interesting that the colors match up almost exactly on each repeat.

On a completely different subject...
...how is it that somebody who only weighs eight pounds can make such a mess????

And how can somebody who makes such a mess be so cute?????

7 comments:

  1. Am I imagining it or does Mr. Marvellous have very big feet? He may not be eight pounds for very long!

    That motif is STUNNING! Love it in those colours that worked out beautifully symmetrical.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he does have big feet, and also his ears used to be big for his head, although he has grown into those a bit. I also think he's rather long for a 6-month old. All of which tells me that he is going to be big, and plays into my theory that he might be part Bengal. Interestingly, other people have also asked, without any prompting, if he had any Bengal in him. Sometimes I think maybe part Bengal tiger...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snowflake is beautiful-- and I have some of that thread. Guess what color my next my next one is going to be!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful snowflake and super cute kitty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love how HDTs can work out for a pattern. I need to printout yarnplayer's doily to test out a HDT (could not find the one I already printed out and no I will not use the computer since I am happily quilting 3-boy and 2-girl twin quilts which I hope the sale will fall through).

    ReplyDelete